Before you apply
What is this application for?
This application is to assess your eligibility for a CPA Australia Public practice certificate (PPC) or Limited public practice certificate (LPPC). You can also use this application to apply for reinstatement of your practising certificate (PPC or LPPC).
Do you need a Practising Certificate?
Under CPA Australia By-Law 9.1, any member providing public accounting services into Australia or New Zealand must hold a limited public practice certificate (LPPC) or a public practice certificate (PPC), no matter where in the world you are located. Find out more about your pathways into public practice.
Please ensure that you have:
- Read through the Eligibility requirements for applying for a practising certificate available on our website.
- Updated your CPD diary with a minimum of 40 CPD hours in the last 12 months (if applying for reinstatement of your practising certificate)
- The following documents ready to be attached to your application:
- CV/resume as evidence for the work experience requirement as stated in By-Law 9.4.
- Certificate of currency showing evidence of Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) meeting requirements stated in By-Law 9.8.
- Proposed business stationery (letterhead and if applicable, business card and website address). If you intend to use CPA branding, please include this as a feature in your draft letterhead/business card. Refer to Public Practice Brand Guidelines for more details.
- If applicable, transcripts showing completion of company law and taxation subjects at an accredited university*
If you have any questions or require any further assistance, please contact us.